1. Hardwood Flooring Provides Strength and Durability
Hardwood floors are beautiful and meant to be lived on. Prefinished hardwood boards have a finish that can withstand kids and pets not to mention the inevitably of time.
2. Hardwood Floors Provide an Ageless Beauty
Wood floors have stood the test of time. They have been around for centuries. In fact its not uncommon for you to walk into a 100 year old house and find it still has the original hardwood floors, sometimes still looking great. When properly cared for they can last for many generations to come. Hardwood flooring's timeless appeal and beauty will enhance the style of any room.
3. Hardwood Adds a High Quality Look
Hardwoods offer the natural beauty, warmth, character, and insulating properties of wood, which accentuate any décor and never goes out of style. It also adds an elegant touch and air of spaciousness to your home.
4. Hardwood Is a Good Investment
There are two reasons hardwood flooring is a good investment. Having hardwood floors increases your property value. Often enough hardwood is a must-have for homebuyers. Not only are homebuyers willing to pay more for them, but houses with hardwood tend to sell faster than houses with wall-to-wall carpeting. This is due to hardwood being a universal sign of quality plus it matches just about anything. Which gives potential buyers a sense of assurance that the existing floors will match their taste in décor. Naturally every home is different and the amount of value added will vary from place to place, but it will increase the value of your home and make it easier to sell. If you are not looking to or have no intentions of selling your home. The minimal maintenance that is required to keep your floors looking great and the length of its life span make buying hardwood an economical choice.
5. Hardwood Flooring Comes in a Wide Variety
From the number of species of wood, colors, stains, thickness of the planks, and styles to choose from. When it comes to choosing your hardwood floor the possibilities are nearly endless.
6. Hardwood Improves Air Quality
Wood floors improve air quality because they have minimal emissions of carbon dioxide and no emissions of methane, nitrogen oxide, and other particulates. These four substances are considered to be harmful to the atmosphere and contribute to respiratory ailments and global warming. Wood floors also significantly improve air quality by keeping dust, mold, and pet dander to a minimal (with regular sweeping and vacuuming) as well as not harboring allergens, pesticides, or microorganisms that can be tracked in from outside.
7. Hardwoods Are Easy to Clean and Maintain
Cleaning and maintaining your wood floors shine is as easy as sweeping and vacuuming every time it gets dirty, cleaning up any spills as soon as they happen, and using a floor cleaner and polish at least once a month.
A1 Flooring has wood flooring options for every room in your house. We have solid hardwood flooring, engineered hardwood flooring, bamboo flooring, and eco-friendly wood flooring. We carry an abundance of hardwood species. Some of the species we carry but are not limited to include: Oak, Acacia, Cherry, Maple, Hickory, Pine, and other popular species. We also carry exotic and tropical wood flooring species. All are available in a multitude of colors and textures.
Proudly Serving Jefferson, Orleans, & St. Charles
Parishes and surrounding areas
Quality Affordable Carpet and Flooring in Orleans, Jefferson, and St. Charles Parishes:
• Algiers, LA • Ama, LA • Arabi, LA • Avondale, LA • Belle Chasse, LA • Boutte, LA
• Bridge City, LA • Chalmette, LA • Destrehan, LA • Elmwood, LA • Gretna, LA • Hahnville, LA
• Harahan, LA • Harvey, LA • Jefferson, LA • Kenner, LA • LaPlace, LA • Luling, LA
• Marrero, LA • Metairie, LA • Montz, LA • New Orleans, LA • New Sarpy, LA • Norco, LA
• River Ridge, LA • Saint Rose, LA • Terrytown, LA • Waggaman, LA • Westwego, LA
Clear tabletops, bookshelves, desktops, tops of dressers, etc.
Remove all breakable objects like lamps, vases, collectibles, and heirlooms.
Empty the contents of closets and china cabinets.
Unplug and store wiring from all electronics such as TVs, DVD Players, stereos,
Remove all sheets, blankets, and bedspreads from beds, if applicable.
All furniture and objects should be removed from the installation area before your
There is an additional charge for moving furniture.
Be prepared to have a responsible party present during the installation in case the
installation crew has questions.
Verify product and color when the installers arrive.
For safety reasons, we ask that you keep all pets and kids away from the installation area.
Prior to the end of your installation, you will be asked to walk thru the job with the installer. This gives you the opportunity to ask questions abut any final details.
The installation area will be cleaned after the install is complete.
The only routine maintenance required is sweeping with a soft bristle broom, vacuuming with a soft floor attachment, and periodically cleaning your floors with a wood floor cleaning product.
While hardwood floors can last a lifetime there are some steps to help maintain their beauty and minimize maintenance:
Here are some standard maintenance tips to help keep the beauty:
• Placemats inside and outside doorways to help prevent dirt, grit, and other debris from being tracked onto your wood floors. This will prevent scratching.
• Put stick-on felt protectors under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching.
• Replace these often as dirt can become embedded in the pad and act like sandpaper on the floors surface.
• When moving furniture, lift it rather than pushing or pulling it.
• Avoid walking on your wood floors with cleats, sport shoes, and high heels.
• Clean up all spills immediately.
• Use the right floor cleaner.
• Do not assume any household cleaner is safe for your hardwood floors.
• Do not use tile or sheet vinyl floor cleaners.
• Cleaner should be applied with a terry cloth mop head.
• Do not wet mop. Use only a small amount of cleaner. When it comes to wood floors less is more.
• For stubborn stains like gum or candle wax try using a credit card.
• Only use wax on a wood floor with a wax finish. Do not over wax.